1 imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy" [syn: visualize, visualise, project, fancy, see, figure, picture, image]
2 picture to oneself; imagine possible; "I cannot envision him as President" [syn: foresee]
From the Latin visionem, a sight or thing seen.
- Rhymes: -ɪʒən
Envision means to conceive or see something within one's mind; to imagine.
Envision may also refer to:
- Envision EMI, LLC, a management company based in Virginia, USA
- Envision Financial, a financial institution based in British Columbia, Canada
- Envision Solar, a company manufacturing solar shading structures based in San Diego, USA
- Envision, a program used to evaluate employees who work in the customer service industry
- Envision Schools, a school management organization based in San Francisco, USA
In popular culture:
- EnVision EvAngelene, an album by the band Mortification
anticipate, call to mind, call up, conceive, conjure up, contemplate, envisage, fancy, feature, forecast, foreglimpse, foresee, foretaste, have in mind, have in view, image, imagine, just see, look ahead, look beyond, look forward to, look upon, meditate, objectify, picture, predict, prophesy, realize, regard, represent, see, see ahead, see beforehand, summon up, view, viewpoint, vision, visualize